Posted to server-dev@james.apache.org by Rajender Vallapureddy <ra...@hnexus.com> on 2012/11/30 21:00:12 UTC

needed help on DSN NOTIFY command issue

Hi,

I have installed apache-james-3.0-beta3 .

I am doing telnet on port 25.

this is the following result I am getting.

mail from:<us...@testsystem.com>
250 2.1.0 Sender <us...@testsystem.com> OK
rcpt to:<us...@testsystem.com> NOTIFY=SUCCESS,FAILURE
504 Unrecognized or unsupported option: NOTIFY

in the james server & smpt log I am getting the following message.

org.apache.james.smtpserver.JamesRcptCmdHandler: 504 [Unrecognized or
unsupported option: NOTIFY]

Please can someone guide me, where I would be doing wrong with mail
delivery notification.

Regards,
Rajender

Re: needed help on DSN NOTIFY command issue

Posted by Eric Charles <er...@apache.org>.
On 01/12/2012 11:43, Stefano Bagnara wrote:
> 2012/12/1 Eric Charles <er...@apache.org>:
>> I think JAMES-232 covers what you need [1] (please Stefano confirm).
>
> Yes, that issue was my first attempt to bring DSN to JAMES. In my
> local 2.3 branch I have the made progresses, but it requires a lot of
> changes and it does not match well the mailet paradigm, so I stopped
> "pushing" the change to the main product as we found it complicated
> james too much for a minor feature.

JAMES-232 may be a good usecase for further architecture evolution
around mailet and injection (in James3).

Eric

Posted by Stefano Bagnara <ap...@bago.org>.

Posted by Eric Charles <er...@apache.org>.
Rajender,

I think JAMES-232 covers what you need [1] (please Stefano confirm).

Although we have a backlog atm and JAMES-232 is open since loong, please
vote on (top right of the page) for JAMES-232 if you want to see this
implemented.

Thx, Eric

[1] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JAMES-322

Posted by Stefano Bagnara <ap...@bago.org>.