Posted to dev@mina.apache.org by Emmanuel Lécharny <el...@gmail.com> on 2013/01/03 11:20:28 UTC

Moved the binary files to a subdirectory

Hi guys,

as a preparation for themigration to svnpubsub for release, I have
created a subdirectory named 'dist' where I copied all the existing
binary packages for all the projectes (mina, ftpserver, sshd, and vysper).

The rational is that we are supposed to distribute sources package, not
binaries. Although we *also* distribute binaries, for convenience, it's
a side-product of our releases.

As many other projects, those side-products are now in a distinguished
directory.

So the current releases can be found here :

/www/www.apache.org/dist/mina
  mina/2.0.7/             for the sources
  mina/2.0.7/dist/        for the binaries
  ftpserver/1.0.6/        for the sources
  ftpserver/1.0.6/dist/   for the binaries
  sshd/0.8.0/             for the sources
  sshd/0.8.0/dist/        for the binaries
  vysper/0.7/             for the sources
  vysper/0.7/dist/        for the binaries

The new release process should now commit the packages into
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/release/mina, and in the created
subdirectories (sources in the respective version, and binaries under
the associated dist directory).

Atm, I haven't *yet* deleted the binaries, I have just copied them.

Thanks for your attention !

Cordialement,
Emmanuel Lécharny
www.iktek.com