Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Eric Chow <ec...@macaucabletv.com> on 2004/08/30 06:09:55 UTC

Reload application resources !!!

Hello,

Is it possible to reload the resource properties fot Struts appliction?

The application resources are specifiy in struts-cong.xml, is it possible to
reload it in run-time ???

Sometimes I will modify the messages resource properties, I have to restart
the web app after the modification. Therefore, it is better to have a way to
reload the resource properties !!

Eric

RE: Reload application resources !!!

Posted by Yufan Shi <iv...@alpaq.com>.
Hi,
I'd like to have some way to expand the resouse interface.
for example, we can extend our own resource  module to make the resouce
store in RDMS, not in the property file.
It sounds like the way that JAAS login module is doing.
By that, we can implement more advanced resouce control function, like
resouce control pannel in the web application's admin console.

Yufan Shi
We are Online!
http://www.ivanshi.com/blog/