Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by mi...@systor.com on 2002/04/30 15:19:32 UTC

Custom Fault

Hi,

Does axis beta 2 supports custom faults?

If so how should I define them in WSDL? I tryed with:

<portType name="SrvDummyPortType">
  <operation name="ping">
    <input message="dummy:PingInput"/>
    <output message="dummy:PingOutput"/>
    <fault name="pingException" message="dummy:PingFault"/>
  </operation>
</portType>

<message name="PingFault">
  <part name="exception" type="myTypes:MyType"/>
</message>

In the SOAP fault I receive this:

  <SOAP-ENV:Fault>
   <faultcode xmlns:ns1
="http://xml.apache.org/axis/">ns1:Server.generalException</faultcode>
   <faultstring></faultstring>
   <detail>
    <ns2:exceptionName xmlns:ns2
="http://xml.apache.org/axis/">com.company.wsdl.dummy.PingFault</ns2:exceptionName>
    <ns3:stackTrace xmlns:ns3="http://xml.apache.org/axis/">&#xd;
     at
com.company.wsdl.dummy.SrvDummyBindingImpl.ping(SrvDummyBindingImpl.java:25)

#xd;
     at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Native Method)&#xd;
     at
org.apache.axis.providers.java.RPCProvider.processMessage(RPCProvider.java:229)

#xd;
    </ns3:stackTrace>
   </detail>
  </SOAP-ENV:Fault>

I can catch my custom fault, but I can not retrieve any data
(myTypes:MyType) out of it.

Thanks for any ideas.
Milos Cekovic