Posted to dev@flex.apache.org by Erik de Bruin <er...@ixsoftware.nl> on 2014/09/03 09:49:59 UTC

Re: Getting involved with the Apache Flex(R)

Hi Serra,

Thank you for your offer. We can use all the help we can get!

As you say you have a lot of experience with project and release
management. These are areas this project is struggling with at the moment,
so your input would be very welcome. Can you please look at the mailing
list archive and maybe suggest changes/fixes to the processes we currently
use. Keep in mind we are a volunteer based project, so not all 'industry
standard' practices may apply to our situation.

Thanks again, looking forward to working with you,

EdB

--
Ix Multimedia Software

Jan Luykenstraat 27
3521 VB Utrecht

T. 06-51952295
I. www.ixsoftware.nl

Re: Getting involved with the Apache Flex(R)

Posted by Justin Mclean <ju...@classsoftware.com>.
Hi,

>> I would like to get involved with Apache Flex project.

Great to hear.

>> I would like to introduce myself. I am Serra Cicek, I have strong release management
>> experience.

Perhaps a good place to start would be to get familiar with Apache's release process [1] and vote in a couple of releases. While only PMC members votes are binding, anyone can vote.

Another place you might consider help out  improving  content on the wiki, for instance [2].

Thanks,
Justin

1. http://www.apache.org/dev/release.html
2. https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/FLEX/Release+Guide+for+the+SDK