Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by Aram Mirzadeh <aw...@qosina.com> on 1996/07/08 02:45:57 UTC

WWW Form Bug Report: "mod_conv: uses old (1.0.3) request_rec and conn_rec elements" on Linux (fwd)

Thank you for the report, I'll pass it on to the developers mailling list.

bcs@afn.org said:
> From nobody@hyperreal.com  Sun Jul  7 20:16:01 1996
> From: bcs@afn.org
> To: awm@qosina.com
> Date: Sun Jul  7 17:14:52 1996
> Subject: WWW Form Bug Report: "mod_conv: uses old (1.0.3) request_rec and conn_rec elements" on Linux
>
> Submitter: bcs@afn.org
> Operating system: Linux, version:
> Version of Apache Used: 1.1
> Extra Modules used: mod_conv-0.2.1
> URL exhibiting problem: (nope)
>
> Symptoms:
> --
> I made some minor changes to mod_conv.c to use the new
> API (structs request_rec and conn_rec):
>
> 	line 509: fflush() becomes bflush()
> 	line 536: frwrite() becomes bwrite()
> 	line 543: fflush() becomes blush()
> 	line 923: remote_name becomes remote_ip
>
> This eliminated compile-time errors.  But now I've lost
> access to the /status module stuff; I'm not sure why.
> Perhaps problems with the new handlers?
>
> This module probably needs to be rewritten to the
> new API.
>
> I'm only using this module so that requests for,
> say, foo.html would work if my server actually
> contained foo.html.gz.  Storing infrequently used
> large files as .gz files really saves space.  Is
> there another module that provides server-side
> deocmpression?  I can't rely on the browser to
> decompress the file at the client.
> --
>
> Backtrace:
> --
> The broken version is offline, since other things
> besides /status is broken.  I only use the
> mod_conv for infrequently used files (that are
> thus candidates for .gz compression/storage).
>
> While this is broken those .gz files on the server
> are unavailable though..
>
> Regards.
> --

- --
Aram Mirzadeh						awm@qosina.com
MIS Manager				      Apache httpd team member
Qosina Corporation				    aram@hyperreal.com
http://www.qosina.com/			    http://www.qosina.com/~awm
PGP Key 			http://www.qosina.com/~awm/pgpkey.html
Key Sig 	      BE 49 9D F6 2A A7 22 FC  02 E9 1E 3D F7 0C 67 A0

Finagle's Second Law:
        Always keep a record of data -- it indicates you've been working.