Posted to dev@tomcat.apache.org by Geoff Soutter <ge...@whitewolf.com.au> on 2000/07/26 10:55:15 UTC

CVS gone wacky? (was Re: clean build of tomcat from CVS fails)

Hi,

well, here's the resolution. I used cvs.exe v1.10 (and I tried an update
with 1.10.5 as well) under WinNT to download most of the jakarta-* packages
into a new directory, then I built them according to the instructions in the
README and the catalina README. Everything compiled apart from
jakarta-tomcat, which gave a few compilation errors.

Turns out these were about missing files - all the .java files in

jakarta-tomcat/src/share/org/apache/jasper/servlet

were missing.

So, I downloaded them using the webcvs interface on the jakarta web site,
installed them and then it built fine.

Now, I'm a real CVS newby, so I dunno whats going wrong, but there
definitely seems to be some gremlims in the system somewhere!

cheers

Geoff

Re: CVS gone wacky? (was Re: clean build of tomcat from CVS fails)

Posted by Geoff Soutter <ge...@whitewolf.com.au>.
So it looks like it's either a problem with my CVS client (and I just
downloaded the latest version from cvshome.org), or some kind of CVS server
misconfiguration problem.

Either that or I've just completely lost the plot :-)

geoff

Posted by Arion Yu <ar...@stt.com.hk>.
Hi!