Posted to user@hbase.apache.org by Slava Gorelik <sl...@gmail.com> on 2010/03/15 18:15:30 UTC

org.apache.hadoop.hbase.UnknownScannerException: Name: -1

Hi.
I'm trying to create a scanner with custom (Hbase 0.20.3)  filter and it
looks like RegionServer throws an exception:
org.apache.hadoop.hbase.UnknownScannerException: Name: -1

I have my custom filters compiled as a jar and placed in the CLASSPATH in
the RegionServer.
What could be a problem ?

Thank You and Best Regards.

Re: org.apache.hadoop.hbase.UnknownScannerException: Name: -1

Posted by Slava Gorelik <sl...@gmail.com>.
Hi.
After additional debugging , I found the problem.
During my custom filter serialization (upon Scanner Open operation
Scan.write() ) I tried to serialize variable that is null,
this cause to exception.
Problem is solved.

Thank You and Best Regards.

Posted by Slava Gorelik <sl...@gmail.com>.
Hi.

Posted by Stack <st...@duboce.net>.

Posted by Slava Gorelik <sl...@gmail.com>.
Hi to All.

Posted by Slava Gorelik <sl...@gmail.com>.
Hi.

Posted by Alex Baranov <al...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Slava Gorelik <sl...@gmail.com>.
Hi Dave.

Posted by Dave Latham <la...@davelink.net>.

Posted by Slava Gorelik <sl...@gmail.com>.
Hi.

Posted by Slava Gorelik <sl...@gmail.com>.
Hi Sebastien
Thank You for your suggestion, but all my classes Filters and support
classes for the filter are with default ctor.

Thank You and Best Regards.

Posted by Sébastien Rainville <se...@gmail.com>.
Hi Slava,

Posted by Stack <st...@duboce.net>.