Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Allahbaksh Asadullah <al...@gmail.com> on 2009/04/16 19:04:58 UTC

Authentication Error

Hi,I have followed the procedure given on this blog to setup the solr

Below is my code. I am trying to index the data but I am not able to connect
to server and getting authentication error.

HttpClient client=new HttpClient();
client.getState().setCredentials(new AuthScope("localhost", 80,
AuthScope.ANY_SCHEME),
                new UsernamePasswordCredentials("admin", "admin"));

Can you please let me know what may be the problem.

The other problem which I am facing is using Load Banlancing
SolrServer lbHttpSolrServer = new LBHttpSolrServer("
http://localhost:8080/solr","http://localhost:8983/solr");

Now the problem is the first server is down then I will get an error. If I
swap the server in constructor by giving port 8983 server as first and 8080
as second it works fine. The thing

Problem is If only the last server which is set is active and the rest of
other are down then Solr throws and exception and search is not performed.

Regards,
Allahbaksh

Re: Authentication Error

Posted by Allahbaksh Asadullah <al...@gmail.com>.
Hi Noble.
Thank you very much. I will download the latest solr nightly build.
Please note this is the another problem which I think is bug.

I am trying out load balancing feature in Solr 1.4 using LBHTTPSolrServer.

Below is setup
I have three solr server. A, B and C.

Now the problem is if I make first two solr server (Note I have specified A,
B, C in order) i.e A and B down then it throws and exception. It does not
check it with server C. Though the server C is still active.

In short the if only last server specified in the constructor is active then
I get a Exception and query doesnot get fired.

Is it a bug or what may be the exact problem.

Regards,
Allahbaksh

Re: Authentication Error

Posted by Noble Paul നോബിള്‍ नोब्ळ् <no...@gmail.com>.