Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by "robert@infotility.com" <ro...@infotility.com> on 2006/06/13 20:02:45 UTC

Invoking web services via Tomcat

Hello,

I've used Tomcat to build web services and it is terrific.
Thanks a lot to all the Tomcat developers.

I need to call out from a servlet to a remote web service.
I know I can do this by piecing together a HTTP POST,
but I wonder if there are some functions in Tomcat to make
this easier. Hopefully I am overlooking something obvious.

Also, the request must be made via HTTPS.
Hopefully that doesn't complicate things too much.

Thanks for any light you can shed on this topic.

Robert Dodier

Re: Invoking web services via Tomcat

Posted by Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org>.
robert@infotility.com wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I've used Tomcat to build web services and it is terrific.
> Thanks a lot to all the Tomcat developers.
>
> I need to call out from a servlet to a remote web service.
> I know I can do this by piecing together a HTTP POST,
> but I wonder if there are some functions in Tomcat to make
> this easier. Hopefully I am overlooking something obvious.

Nope. 'fraid not. However, take a look at
http://jakarta.apache.org/httpcomponents/index.html

Mark