Posted to dev@hc.apache.org by "Rustad, Aaron" <AR...@Online-can.com> on 2003/12/08 19:07:24 UTC

Problems Upload a file.

I am trying up upload a file to a servlet, but I am not sure that it is
working as it should. I hope that someone out there can point out
what/if I am doing wrong.

I have this code that uses HTTPClient 2.0r2:

ByteArrayPartSource partSource = new ByteArrayPartSource("file.txt",
theBytes);
FilePart filePart = new FilePart("input-data", partSource);
mpPostMethod.addPart(filePart);

But when it hits the servlet (with the above code), the "input-data" is
considered a simple form field.
When a use a form that is embedded into a web page(see below), it is not
a form field.

<form action="./upload.do" enctype="multipart/form-data" method="POST">

<input type="submit" value="Submit"/>
</form>

Any help is greatly appreciated.
Thanks!
Aaron.

Re: Problems Upload a file.

Posted by Oleg Kalnichevski <ol...@apache.org>.
Aaron,
Could you please produce a wirelog of the HTTP session that exhibits the
problem? See HttpClient logging guide for details on logging options in
HttpClient <http://jakarta.apache.org/commons/httpclient/logging.html>

Cheers

Oleg

Re: Upload large files-enhancement

Posted by Sid Subr <si...@yahoo.com>.
I wish I could but that does not seem to be an
option.. as the web server is a part of this other
product we use..

tough luck..

yeah I know..

Merry Christmas to everyone..

Sid

Posted by Ortwin Glück <or...@nose.ch>.

Posted by Sid Subr <si...@yahoo.com>.
reason for this mail:

I am having to work with a web server which deos not
understand the 100-continue header and as a result am
having problem uploading large files as the server
closes the connection before the entire content is
transmitted. A change for this has been addressed in
the Bugzilla as an enhancement (bug #14036).

I cannot do what I am doing without
a) this enhancement on the httpclient side
b) making the web server guys support the 100-continue

the former seemed to be the point to start so, if any
one is in the same boat as I am can they please either

a) provide insight into what they did for this problem

or
b) vote for this enhancement to be included in some of
the changes that are going on in the new releases for
the httpclient.

Thank you,
Sid