Posted to users@maven.apache.org by "McGowan, Dan (NE)" <DM...@classmates.com> on 2005/12/09 21:42:01 UTC

[m2] how do i exclude a specific file from a jar

Hi,
  Saw an earlier post regarding this on nabble and the suggestion was to use <resource><excludes>. However this leaves the resource unavailable for tests. In maven1 I was able to not include a file in the jar by specifying "maven.jar.excludes=**/myfile.properties" in the project.properties file. Any suggestion for accomplishing the same in m2? Thanks,

Dan

Re: [m2] how do i exclude a specific file from a jar

Posted by Allan Ramirez <ar...@exist.com>.
Hi Dan,

If you want your resources to be available for test you can put them in
the test resource directory.
Please refer to this site for more info
http://maven.apache.org/guides/introduction/introduction-to-the-standard-directory-layout.html

-allan