Posted to user@ofbiz.apache.org by Ganesh Bawne <ga...@gmail.com> on 2010/07/28 11:43:46 UTC

[ofbiz-branch-10.4] Error in logout for multitenant application

Hi All,

I am working on multi-tenant e-commerce stores. When I log out from the
e-commerce application I get random errors and it seems tenant delegator is
not used by the request.

Further digging into the code, I found that in doBasicLogout() method of
LoginWorker class, default delegator is used instead of tenant delegator and
due to this tenant related data such as store, theme is not found and errors
are thrown.

Code snippet from LoginWorkder.java (line number 616 )

        if (delegatorName != null) {
            // if there is a tenantId in the delegatorName remove it now so
that tenant selection doesn't last beyond logout
            if (delegatorName.indexOf('#') > 0) {
                delegatorName = delegatorName.substring(0,
delegatorName.indexOf('#'));
            }
            session.setAttribute("delegatorName", delegatorName);

            delegator = DelegatorFactory.getDelegator(delegatorName);
            LocalDispatcher dispatcher =
ContextFilter.makeWebappDispatcher(session.getServletContext(), delegator);
            setWebContextObjects(request, response, delegator, dispatcher);
        }

What is the best way to use logout function is multi-tenant e-commerce
applications?

--
Thanks & Regards
Ganesh Bawne

Re: [ofbiz-branch-10.4] Error in logout for multitenant application

Posted by David-DiSiD Technologies <dc...@disid.com>.
Oops, it's true, sorry.
But it's related. The main problem is that delegator info isn't kept right.

Are you using one store for each tenant?
If this is the case, check
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OFBIZ/Multitenancy+support#Multitenancysupport-Settingtheecommerceapp.touseanspecificTenantDatabase
You have to set your store in order to it use an specific tenant database.

Or are you using the same application web "ecommerce" for the multi-tenant
users?
Then I think you have to modify doBasicLogout() in order to keep the
delegator of the user that does the logout (that is, the same bug I
commented, that doesn't keep the delegator when user change the app. in
backend)

Cheers,

-----
David - dcervera at disid dot com
DiSiD Technologies, S.L. - http://www.disid.com
Crea Tu Tienda Virtual - http://www.creatutiendavirtual.com

Re: [ofbiz-branch-10.4] Error in logout for multitenant application

Posted by Ganesh Bawne <ga...@gmail.com>.
Thank you David,

But the bug you described is different than the problem I am facing.
I am getting error when I log out from the multi-tenant e-commerce store
 application.

Thanks,
Ganesh