Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by mraible <ma...@raibledesigns.com> on 2011/07/12 19:39:37 UTC

Tomcat 7 and Jakarta Mailer Taglib

Hello,

I'm experiencing a strange issue trying to upgrade to Tomcat 7 on
raibledesigns.com (Linux 2.4.37.9). When I hit my contact page and try to
send a message, I get the following stack trace:

SEVERE: Servlet.service() for servlet [jsp] in context with path [] threw
exception [The absolute uri: http://jakarta.apache.org/taglibs/mailer-1.0
cannot be resolved in either web.xml or the jar files deployed with this
application] with root cause
org.apache.jasper.JasperException: The absolute uri:
http://jakarta.apache.org/taglibs/mailer-1.0 cannot be resolved in either
web.xml or the jar files deployed with this application
        at
org.apache.jasper.compiler.DefaultErrorHandler.jspError(DefaultErrorHandler.java:55)
        at
org.apache.jasper.compiler.ErrorDispatcher.dispatch(ErrorDispatcher.java:409)
        at
org.apache.jasper.compiler.ErrorDispatcher.jspError(ErrorDispatcher.java:116)
        at
org.apache.jasper.compiler.TagLibraryInfoImpl.generateTLDLocation(TagLibraryInfoImpl.java:310)
        at
org.apache.jasper.compiler.TagLibraryInfoImpl.<init>(TagLibraryInfoImpl.java:152)
        at
org.apache.jasper.compiler.Parser.parseTaglibDirective(Parser.java:410)
        at org.apache.jasper.compiler.Parser.parseDirective(Parser.java:475)
        at org.apache.jasper.compiler.Parser.parseElements(Parser.java:1425)
        at org.apache.jasper.compiler.Parser.parse(Parser.java:138)

I've downloaded the ROOT app locally and run it with Tomcat 7 and Java 6 (on
OS X) and I don't see this problem.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Matt

Re: Tomcat 7 and Jakarta Mailer Taglib

Posted by Konstantin Kolinko <kn...@gmail.com>.
2011/7/12 mraible <ma...@raibledesigns.com>:

> I haven't changed a thing in my application, yet it runs fine on Tomcat 6
> (or when using Tomcat 7 on OS X instead of Linux). Seems strange, right?

Not at all.  Either you had that library elsewhere (e.g. in lib),  or
you relied on some behaviour that does not follow specification.  You
do not say much about your configuration.

Have you read "smart questions" at least once?

Re: Tomcat 7 and Jakarta Mailer Taglib

Posted by mraible <ma...@raibledesigns.com>.

Posted by Konstantin Kolinko <kn...@gmail.com>.