Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Sadananda B Rai <sr...@zeomega.com> on 2003/10/21 09:06:56 UTC

[users@httpd] help needed

Hello All,
       I have installed new FreeBSD server. It's very new to me and I
was working with Redhat server as of now. Now I have to install apache
on FreeBSD. Can somebody suggest me on how I can do this. How to on port
BSD installation. What is the difference with apache on FreeBSD and
apache on Redhat.

Thank you in advance for your suggestions.

Regards
Sadanand

Re: [users@httpd] help needed

Posted by Brian Dessent <br...@dessent.net>.
Sadananda B Rai wrote:

> Hello All,
>        I have installed new FreeBSD server. It's very new to me and I
> was working with Redhat server as of now. Now I have to install apache
> on FreeBSD. Can somebody suggest me on how I can do this. How to on port
> BSD installation. What is the difference with apache on FreeBSD and
> apache on Redhat.

cd /usr/ports/www/apache13  # or apache13-modssl, or apache2, etc.
make install

That's it.  You may want to update your ports tree prior to installing
anything, but it's not strictly required.  The more you learn about the
ports system, the smoother your FreeBSD experience will be.  There is a
nice section in the FreeBSD handbook about installing software from
ports, it's a good idea to read that.  Once installed, Apache is
Apache.  The configuration directives are the same regardless of the
underlying OS/distro.  Files may be located in different places though.

Brian

RE: [users@httpd] help needed

Posted by Sadananda B Rai <sr...@zeomega.com>.
Thanks a Lot. I got it worked with ports installations by running make
install. I will surly read more on freebsd.
Thanks Again

Regards
Sadanand

On Tue, 21 Oct 2003 12:36:56 +0530, Sadananda B Rai wrote:

> Now I have to install apache
> on FreeBSD. Can somebody suggest me on how I can do this.

http://www.freebsd.org/ports/index.html
or
http://httpd.apache.org/docs-2.0/install.html
or