Posted to dev@directory.apache.org by Emmanuel Lécharny <el...@gmail.com> on 2013/07/28 09:47:39 UTC

Mavibot backend is now working ! Time to move it as a subproject of Directory ?

Hi guys !

a good news : I was able to successfully to run all the tests with the
Mavibot backend (althouh I had some random errors in some tests, which
has to be understood : not sure that the backend itself is responsible
for that, instead of one of the various caches we are using).

Now, as Mavibot is in labs, I think we have to move it to Directory, to
make it a subproject. This is just a decision we have to make at this
point. I'll start a vote on mondyay on this matter.

ATM, Mavibot is used pretty much the same way we use JDBM, with many
locks, as we aren't yet leveraging the MVCC layer. However, even without
using this feature, we have a clear gain in performance :

JDBM search :
-------------
Object :  47 370/s
One    :  67 590/s
sub    :  75 990/s

Mavibot search :
----------------
Object :  70 681/s +49%
One    :  93 195/s +38%
sub    : 114 670/s +51%

(those tests are for CoreSession, the network layer being too intrusive
to show the ral increase of performance.)

For an Add operation, the gain is even greater :

JDBM add : 85/s

Mavibot add : 187/s +120%

More to come later.

Cordialement,
Emmanuel Lécharny
www.iktek.com

Re: Mavibot backend is now working ! Time to move it as a subproject of Directory ?

Posted by Pierre-Arnaud Marcelot <pa...@marcelot.net>.
That's an awesome news and very great results and improvements.

My +1 to make Mavibot an Apache Directory sub-project.

Regards,
Pierre-Arnaud