Posted to dev@servicemix.apache.org by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net> on 2012/01/23 15:38:48 UTC

[PROPOSAL] Release all ServiceMix bundles to include sources

Hi all,

as sent this morning, I added the Maven configuration to provide a
sources artifact with our bundles.

The sources artifact includes:
- a shade of the original dependencies (all original sources files)
- the pom.xml using by the ServiceMix bundles
- the META-INF/MANIFEST generated by the maven-bundle-plugin

So now, we are:
- Apache compliant as we provide a sources artifact
- the users are able to debug with ServiceMix bundles as the sources
could be loaded in the IDE

Now, we have two ways:
1/ I include the sources artifacts only for the bundles planned to be in
the next release
2/ I include ALL bundles in the next release (mostly for debugging purpose)

I'm ready to do 2/ (it will be quick to update and I can cut off the
release tonight).

WDYT ?

Regards
JB
--
Jean-Baptiste Onofré
jbonofre@apache.org

Re: [PROPOSAL] Release all ServiceMix bundles to include sources

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net>.
Sure, it's the right time ;)

Bundle-SymbolicName is easy, Eclipse-SourceBundle could be tricky.

Let me check.

Regards
JB

Posted by Daniel Kulp <dk...@apache.org>.
On Monday, January 23, 2012 4:13:39 PM Jean-Baptiste Onofré wrote:
> Done,
>
> it will be included in the next released bundles.

Awesome!

Dan

--
Daniel Kulp

Re: [PROPOSAL] Release all ServiceMix bundles to include sources

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net>.
Done,

Posted by Daniel Kulp <dk...@apache.org>.

--
Daniel Kulp

Re: [PROPOSAL] Release all ServiceMix bundles to include sources

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net>.
I propose to release only the "latest" version of the bundles. For
instance, regarding jetty, only the jetty-6.1.26 bundle will be included
in the release (not the "old" ones).

Is it OK for you ?

Regards
JB

Posted by Guillaume Nodet <gn...@gmail.com>.
Agreed.

--
------------------------
Guillaume Nodet

Re: [PROPOSAL] Release all ServiceMix bundles to include sources

Posted by Gert Vanthienen <ge...@gmail.com>.
L.S.,

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net>.

Posted by Guillaume Nodet <gn...@gmail.com>.