Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by Chris Santerre <cs...@MerchantsOverseas.com> on 2004/12/08 16:17:45 UTC

Feature Request: Whitelist_DNSRBL

OK, we know that the popular domains like yahoo.com and such are hard coded
into SA to be skipped on DNSRBL lookups. But it would be great to have a
function to add more locally.

Thinking one step bigger, it would be even better to feed this a file. This
way maybe SURBL can create a file for the top hit legit domains. Then using
SARE and RDJ, people could update that. This would reduce a lot of traffic
and time.

This might also help with the mysterious bug we have seen where some local
domains are being flagged as SURBL hit, when they aren't in SURBL. Perhaps
whitelisting local domains so they are skipped would do away with this.

Thoughts, suggestions, or coffee?

Chris Santerre
System Admin and SARE Ninja
http://www.rulesemporium.com
http://www.surbl.org
'It is not the strongest of the species that survives,
not the most intelligent, but the one most responsive to change.'
Charles Darwin

Re: Feature Request: Whitelist_DNSRBL

Posted by Alex Broens <sa...@alexb.ch>.
Chris Santerre wrote:
> OK, we know that the popular domains like yahoo.com and such are hard coded
> into SA to be skipped on DNSRBL lookups. But it would be great to have a
> function to add more locally.
>
> Thinking one step bigger, it would be even better to feed this a file. This
> way maybe SURBL can create a file for the top hit legit domains. Then using
> SARE and RDJ, people could update that. This would reduce a lot of traffic
> and time.
>
> This might also help with the mysterious bug we have seen where some local
> domains are being flagged as SURBL hit, when they aren't in SURBL. Perhaps
> whitelisting local domains so they are skipped would do away with this.
>
> Thoughts, suggestions, or coffee?
>
> Chris Santerre
> System Admin and SARE Ninja
> http://www.rulesemporium.com
> http://www.surbl.org
> 'It is not the strongest of the species that survives,
> not the most intelligent, but the one most responsive to change.'
> Charles Darwin

First, where's that coffee?

then: I keep a .cf file with a quite a few lines like.

uridnsbl_skip_domain ibill.com blabla.tld  local-boobie-site.dom

I assume that if you pick up Jeff's white list and transform that into a
.cf then we'll see the sa-blacklist effect, LOTS of ram needed.
For local domains and those you see most according to your client base
the above works fine (for me)

more coffee?

Alex