Posted to dev@directory.apache.org by Enrique Rodriguez <en...@gmail.com> on 2007/05/28 06:11:16 UTC

TLP common version

Hi, Directory developers,

With the recent pom updates, my build busted.  I fixed it by up'ing
the version at:

http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/directory/tlp-common/trunk/pom.xml

The tlp-common pom is at 1.0.6-SNAPSHOT, but other subprojects, like
apachds trunk and shared are looking for 1.0.7-SNAPSHOT.

Since you're in the middle of these updates, I figured I'd ask what
the end state should be.

Without the versions lining up, the shared and trunk builds fail for
me since the build defaults to source 1.4 and we have 1.5 features.

Enrique

Re: TLP common version

Posted by Emmanuel Lecharny <el...@gmail.com>.
Alex has wrote a page about this TLP pom :

http://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/DIRxDEV/Top+Level+Pom+Management+Policy

On 5/28/07, Emmanuel Lecharny <el...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> the TLP pom should be updated to 1.0.7-SNAPSHOT, as some maven-plugins
> have been updated into apacheds, daemon and shared (surefire and
> eclipse bumped to 2.3)
>
> This will then be on the same version number than the ones in
> apacheds, shared, daemon and oot pom.xml
>
> On 5/28/07, Emmanuel Lecharny <el...@apache.org> wrote:
> > Enrique Rodriguez a écrit :
> >
> > > Hi, Directory developers,
> > >
> > > With the recent pom updates, my build busted.  I fixed it by up'ing
> > > the version at:
> > >
> > > http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/directory/tlp-common/trunk/pom.xml
> > >
> > > The tlp-common pom is at 1.0.6-SNAPSHOT, but other subprojects, like
> > > apachds trunk and shared are looking for 1.0.7-SNAPSHOT.
> >
> > Well, I think I did this mistake when I created the pre-release for
> > 1.5.0, upgrading this TLP pom to 1.0.7-SNAPSHOT.
> >
> > We will have a look at it, and see how to fix it the best possible way.
> >
> > Thanks for the heads up !
> >
> > > Without the versions lining up, the shared and trunk builds fail for
> > > me since the build defaults to source 1.4 and we have 1.5 features.
> >
> > There are no more 1.4 default, I think I have removed it and replaced it
> > with 1.5. I will double check anyway !
> >
> > Emmanuel
> >

> --
> Regards,
> Cordialement,
> Emmanuel Lécharny
> www.iktek.com

Cordialement,
Emmanuel Lécharny
www.iktek.com

Re: TLP common version

Posted by Emmanuel Lecharny <el...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

the TLP pom should be updated to 1.0.7-SNAPSHOT, as some maven-plugins
have been updated into apacheds, daemon and shared (surefire and
eclipse bumped to 2.3)

This will then be on the same version number than the ones in
apacheds, shared, daemon and oot pom.xml

On 5/28/07, Emmanuel Lecharny <el...@apache.org> wrote:
> Enrique Rodriguez a écrit :
>
> > Hi, Directory developers,
> >
> > With the recent pom updates, my build busted.  I fixed it by up'ing
> > the version at:
> >
> > http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/directory/tlp-common/trunk/pom.xml
> >
> > The tlp-common pom is at 1.0.6-SNAPSHOT, but other subprojects, like
> > apachds trunk and shared are looking for 1.0.7-SNAPSHOT.
>
> Well, I think I did this mistake when I created the pre-release for
> 1.5.0, upgrading this TLP pom to 1.0.7-SNAPSHOT.
>
> We will have a look at it, and see how to fix it the best possible way.
>
> Thanks for the heads up !
>
> > Without the versions lining up, the shared and trunk builds fail for
> > me since the build defaults to source 1.4 and we have 1.5 features.
>
> There are no more 1.4 default, I think I have removed it and replaced it
> with 1.5. I will double check anyway !
>
> Emmanuel

Cordialement,
Emmanuel Lécharny