Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by jo...@wellsfargo.com.INVALID on 2020/01/15 21:03:26 UTC

Tomcat Digest Algorithm question

Is there a list of compliant algorithms supported when using Digest for passwords in the user database realm?

I know it supports MD5 and SHA, but both of these are weak. Does this support SHA-256, SHA-512, SHA3, etc.?

Thanks,

Dream * Excel * Explore * Inspire
Jon McAlexander
Asst Vice President

Middleware Product Engineering
Enterprise CIO | Platform Services | Middleware | Infrastructure Solutions

Upcoming PTO: 11/8, 11/11, 11/15, 11/22, 11/28, 11/29, 12/2, 12/6, 12/13, 12/20 - 12/31

8080 Cobblestone Rd | Urbandale, IA 50322
MAC: F4469-010
Tel 515-988-2508 | Cell 515-988-2508

jonmcalexander@wellsfargo.com<ma...@wellsfargo.com>

This message may contain confidential and/or privileged information. If you are not the addressee or authorized to receive this for the addressee, you must not use, copy, disclose, or take any action based on this message or any information herein. If you have received this message in error, please advise the sender immediately by reply e-mail and delete this message. Thank you for your cooperation.

Re: Tomcat Digest Algorithm question

Posted by Christopher Schultz <ch...@christopherschultz.net>.

RE: Tomcat Digest Algorithm question

Posted by jo...@wellsfargo.com.INVALID.

> Is there a list of compliant algorithms supported when using Digest for passwords in the user database realm?
>
> I know it supports MD5 and SHA, but both of these are weak. Does this support SHA-256, SHA-512, SHA3, etc.?

> It supports any digest supported by the JRE you are using.

> Mark

<snip>

Thank You!

Posted by Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org>.