Posted to user@flink.apache.org by Flavio Pompermaier <po...@okkam.it> on 2019/05/08 13:31:33 UTC

taskmanager.tmp.dirs vs io.tmp.dirs

Hi to all,
looking at
https://ci.apache.org/projects/flink/flink-docs-stable/ops/config.html it's
not very clear to me the difference between these two settings (actually I
always used the same value for the two).

My understanding is that taskmanager.tmp.dirs is used to spill memory when
there's no more RAM available, while io.tmp.dirs for all other situations
(but which are them exactly?).

Thanks in advance,
Flavio

Re: taskmanager.tmp.dirs vs io.tmp.dirs

Posted by Fabian Hueske <fh...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

I created FLINK-12460 to update the documentation.

Cheers, Fabian

Posted by Flavio Pompermaier <po...@okkam.it>.
Great, thanks Till!

Posted by Till Rohrmann <tr...@apache.org>.