Posted to fop-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Dirk Bromberg <di...@familie-bromberg.de> on 2006/11/24 12:08:33 UTC

none break space and fop

Hi,

some time ago i've asked for the implementation state fo soft-hyphens.
Now i need an answer if "none break spaces" are implemented in fop (0.92
or trunk) and working!?

if they are implemented, which signs are allowed?
U+00A0, U+200C and U+200D; (&nbsp;) ?

I can't find something at the website... (only in the 0.25 section)

Thanks

Dirk

Re: none break space and fop

Posted by Dirk Bromberg <di...@familie-bromberg.de>.
Thanks.

So, we'll try to use this feature.

Dirk

Re: none break space and fop

Posted by Manuel Mall <ma...@apache.org>.
On Friday 24 November 2006 19:08, Dirk Bromberg wrote:
> Hi,
>
> some time ago i've asked for the implementation state fo
> soft-hyphens. Now i need an answer if "none break spaces" are
> implemented in fop (0.92 or trunk) and working!?
>
> if they are implemented, which signs are allowed?
> U+00A0, U+200C and U+200D; (&nbsp;) ?

Looking through the code and our testcases U+00A0 is supported.

I don't think the U+200C and U+200D (ZW[N]J) code points are properly
supported. However, as FOP does not (yet) implement ligatures or
Unicode compliant linebreaking this may not be a problem.

> I can't find something at the website... (only in the 0.25 section)
>

> Thanks
>
> Dirk

Manuel