Posted to user@thrift.apache.org by Doug Daniels <da...@gmail.com> on 2008/12/04 08:50:18 UTC

Trouble building on Mac OSX PKG_CHECK_MODULES

I'm trying to build thrift on Mac OSX using the supplied instructions:
http://wiki.apache.org/thrift/ThriftInstallation

I run:
./configure --prefix=/usr/local/include/boost-1_38

I get the following error when it's trying to check my Mono version:
appending configuration tag "F77" to libtool
checking whether make sets $(MAKE)... (cached) yes
checking for bison... bison -y
checking for flex... flex
checking lex output file root... lex.yy
checking lex library... -lfl
checking whether yytext is a pointer... yes
checking whether ln -s works... yes
checking for a thread-safe mkdir -p... ./install-sh -c -d
checking for boostlib >= 1.33.1... yes
checking for libevent >= 1.0... no
checking for zlib >= 1.2.3... yes
./configure: line 20743: syntax error near unexpected token `MONO,'
./configure: line 20743: `  PKG_CHECK_MODULES(MONO, mono >= 1.2.6,
have_mono=yes, have_mono=no)'

I believe I've installed all the listed requirements using Macports and
downloading (e.g. Boost).

I've installed Macports and pkgconfig:
  sudo port install pkgconfig

I'm not able to execute the command pkgconfig or "which pkgconfig" as the
MacPorts pkgconfig installation says I could (
http://pkgconfig.darwinports.com/). Is there something I have messed up in
my MacPorts configuration?

I'

Re: Trouble building on Mac OSX PKG_CHECK_MODULES

Posted by Doug Daniels <da...@gmail.com>.
Thanks, I must've missed that FAQ. I copied the pkg.m4 to thrift/aclocal and
then had to rerun ./bootstrap.sh and ./configure.

Now I don't get the PKG_CHECK_MODULES error, but I do get the following:

checking for strtol... yes
checking for sqrt... yes
configure: creating ./config.status
config.status: error: cannot find input file: Makefile.in

Posted by Martin Traverso <mt...@gmail.com>.