Posted to phoenix-dev@avalon.apache.org by "Michalek, Mark" <MM...@newscorp.com> on 2002/11/19 23:18:27 UTC

Phoenix Sample Applications

Hello, I have been doing a look of reading about phoenix and would like to
download some of the sample applications, they don't seem to be in the
download directory, is there somewhere else that I can look.

Thanks

Mark

This message and its attachments may contain legally privileged or confidential information.  It is intended
solely for the named addressee.  If you are not the addressee indicated in this message (or responsible for
delivery of the message to the addressee), you may not copy or deliver this message or its attachments to anyone.
 Rather, you should permanently delete this message and its attachments and kindly notify the sender by reply e-mail.
Any content of this message and its attachments that does not relate to the official business of News America Incorporated or
 its subsidiaries must be taken not to have been sent or endorsed by any of them.  No warranty is made that the e-mail or attachment(s)
are free from computer  v i r u s  or other defect.

Re: Phoenix Sample Applications

Posted by Leo Simons <le...@apache.org>.
was this answered yet? anyway....

On Thu, 2002-11-21 at 02:40, Paul Hammant wrote:
> Mark,
>
> >Hello, I have been doing a look of reading about phoenix and would like to
> >download some of the sample applications, they don't seem to be in the
> >download directory, is there somewhere else that I can look.
> >

> They have been deleted.  I'll try to find out why.

There were disk space problems on that box so this has been moved to
another box (there was a notice on jakarta-general from Sam, I think).
Nightly builds need to go to cvs.apache.org from now on:

http://cvs.apache.org/builds/jakarta-avalon/nightly/

Fairly old builds are in your personal space on that box:

http://cvs.apache.org/~hammant/apps/

The best thing to do is probably get avalon-apps built with gump? I need
to learn about gump :D

cheers,

- Leo

Re: Phoenix Sample Applications

Posted by Peter Donald <pe...@apache.org>.
On Thu, 21 Nov 2002 12:40, Paul Hammant wrote:
> Mark,
>
> >Hello, I have been doing a look of reading about phoenix and would like to
> >download some of the sample applications, they don't seem to be in the
> >download directory, is there somewhere else that I can look.
>
> They have been deleted.  I'll try to find out why.
>
> http://jakarta.apache.org/builds/jakarta-avalon-apps/nightly/
>
> Which ones do you want me to email to you?

Nighlies are being moved to the CVS machine at

http://cvs.apache.org/builds/jakarta-avalon/nightly/

However you will need to upload any demos you did personally.

--
Cheers,

Peter Donald

Re: Phoenix Sample Applications

Posted by Leo Simons <le...@apache.org>.

Posted by Mateusz Szczap <ma...@ncdc.pl>.
From: "Paul Hammant" <Pa...@yahoo.com>

org.apache.excalibur.altrmi.common.AltrmiConnectionException: Class
Retrieval Failed - This AltRMI server does not support class forwarding
at
org.apache.excalibur.altrmi.client.impl.ServerClassAltrmiFactory.getFacadeCl
ass(ServerClassAltrmiFactory.java:88)
at
org.apache.excalibur.altrmi.client.impl.ServerClassAltrmiFactory.getInstance
(ServerClassAltrmiFactory.java:141)
at
org.apache.excalibur.altrmi.client.impl.AbstractAltrmiFactory.lookup(Abstrac
tAltrmiFactory.java:179)
at
org.apache.excalibur.altrmi.client.impl.AbstractAltrmiFactory.lookup(Abstrac
tAltrmiFactory.java:280)
at pl.ncdc.pcm.designer.TestClient.main(TestClient.java:29)

Could u help me I still get this message. I;ve done everything but I cannot
simply lookup an object. I did everything as in AvalonDB as well as
DemoServer

I first publish

publisher.publish(new String("test"), "s", String.class);

and then

String[] list = af.list();
for (int i=0; i<list.length; i++) System.out.println(list[i]);
final String s = (String) af.lookup("s");

it prints to System.out s   but the last line fails with the exception I've
cut on top of message.

Please help, thank in advance.
Mateusz Szczap
mati@ncdc.pl

Re: Phoenix Sample Applications

Posted by Paul Hammant <Pa...@yahoo.com>.
Mark,

>Hello, I have been doing a look of reading about phoenix and would like to
>download some of the sample applications, they don't seem to be in the
>download directory, is there somewhere else that I can look.

They have been deleted.  I'll try to find out why.

http://jakarta.apache.org/builds/jakarta-avalon-apps/nightly/

Which ones do you want me to email to you?

- Paul