Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Li Bing <bi...@asu.edu> on 2002/04/02 13:55:53 UTC

IBM UDDI Registry Installation

Dear Mark,

Thanks so much for your help! You have given me many good ideas!

Have you ever installed IBM UDDI Registry on your local machine? I tried it right now. I have installed IBM HTTP Server 1.3.19, DB2 7.1, IBM WebSphere Application Server 4.2 and Netscape 6.1 successfully. All the above softwares are prerequisites. After that, I tried to install IBMWebSphere-UDDI-1.1.0-0.i386.rpm. But I got errors. The following list is the errors I got. Wish you could help me figure out the problem.

One possible problem is that I don't know the meaning of "nodename of the node within WebSphere Application Server you wish to install UDDI to". Do you have any ideas?

[root@enpc1932 WebSphereUDDI]# rpm -i IBMWebSphere-UDDI-1.1.0-0.i386.rpm
UDDI Install options:

WAS Install dir
 : /opt/WebSphere/AppServer
WAS Nodename
 : enpc1932
UDDI dir
 : /opt/WebSphere/UDDIReg
Database Type
 : DB2
DB2 Install dir
 : /usr/IBMdb2/V7.1
DB2 User ID
 : db2inst1
DB2 Password
 : ibmdb2

Are these values ok? [Y/n]  : n

Please edit the values as required, return selects [default] option.
WAS Install dir  [/opt/WebSphere/AppServer] : /usr/local/WebSphere/AppServer
WAS Nodename  [enpc1932] : /usr/local/WebSphere/UDDIReg
UDDI dir  [/opt/WebSphere/UDDIReg] : /usr/local/WebSphere/UDDIReg
DB2 Install dir  [/usr/IBMdb2/V7.1] :
DB2 User ID  [db2inst1] :
DB2 Password  [ibmdb2] : 111111

UDDI Install options:

WAS Install dir
 : /usr/local/WebSphere/AppServer
WAS Nodename
 : /usr/local/WebSphere/UDDIReg
UDDI dir
 : /usr/local/WebSphere/UDDIReg
Database Type
 : DB2
DB2 Install dir
 : /usr/IBMdb2/V7.1
DB2 User ID
 : db2inst1
DB2 Password
 : 111111

Are these values ok? [Y/n]  : Y
Unable to find WAS at selected location.

Installing UDDI with selected options...
- Creating UDDI DB2 Database.
/var/tmp/rpm-tmp.68061: cd: /usr/local/WebSphere/UDDIReg/install/db2uddi: No such file or directory
/var/tmp/rpm-tmp.68061: ./UDDIloadDB.sh: No such file or directory
/var/tmp/rpm-tmp.68061: cd: /usr/local/WebSphere/UDDIReg/install/: No such file or directory

- Installing Messages.
/var/tmp/rpm-tmp.68061: /usr/local/WebSphere/UDDIReg/logs/UDDIinstallMSGS.log: No such file or directory
/var/tmp/rpm-tmp.68061: /usr/local/WebSphere/UDDIReg/logs/UDDIinstallMSGS.log: No such file or directory
- Done.
/var/tmp/rpm-tmp.68061: /usr/local/WebSphere/UDDIReg/logs/UDDIinstallMSGS.log: No such file or directory
To complete installation with WAS AEd, refer to the readme file.

All Done.
[root@enpc1932 WebSphereUDDI]#