Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Vincent Massol <vm...@pivolis.com> on 2005/10/26 10:56:24 UTC

[m2] exec vs execute (was RE: [ANNOUNCE] plugins to add to the plugins Matrix: webstart, keytool and exec)

Hi Jerome,

[snip]

> > > Here's the list
> > > - exec-maven-plugin: to execute programs (with some features for
> > > classpath management)
> >
> > Did you guys sort out which one is going to be used long term? The
> > execute or exec plugin? We should probably lean toward usings commons-
> > exec. Is that what you're using?
>
> - execute and exec are not solving the exact same problem. I've put
> some notes in exec-maven-plugin/NOTES about potential merge. Not sure
> they will be merged.
> - today plexus-utils cli and commons-exec are mostly similar.
> commons-exec will go throught several changes, so I prefered to keep
> using plexus-utils until commons-exec stabilizes

[snip]

I've just commented on the mojo list about your note on exec vs execute
differences.

I don't see much difference and for me exec is a clear superset of execute.

Let's continue the discussion on the mojo list.

Thanks
-Vincent