Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by anuvenk <an...@hotmail.com> on 2008/01/18 01:35:24 UTC

Related searches

How to accomplish this with solr?
Say for a search term like 'alternative dispute resolution', i want to be
able to display
'see related searches' and display related search terms like 'mediation',
'arbitration' etc.
Has anyone done something like this before? If so please share your ideas.

Re: Related searches

Posted by Mike Klaas <mi...@gmail.com>.
On 17-Jan-08, at 4:35 PM, anuvenk wrote:

> How to accomplish this with solr?
> Say for a search term like 'alternative dispute resolution', i want
> to be
> able to display
> 'see related searches' and display related search terms like
> 'mediation',
> 'arbitration' etc.
> Has anyone done something like this before? If so please share your
> ideas.

There isn't anything in Solr that would let you do display
semantically-related queries easily.

I suggest you look for more general IR techniques for doing such
things (for instance, you could cluster query logs based on the set
of documents returned), then think about how to apply those
techniques in Solr.

-Mike