Posted to dev@felix.apache.org by Felix Meschberger <fm...@gmail.com> on 2009/05/15 07:35:33 UTC

Release Announcements

Hi all,

In the Nexus release management documentation [1] it notes, to "Remember
to forward this announcement to users@felix.apache.org - try not to
cross-post (CC:) announcements to both user and dev lists".

How about changing this to sending the announcement to announce(at)a.o,
dev@ and users@ and setting Reply-To to dev@ ?

This would simplify the announcement sending and I think that in this
case cross-posting is not a big issue.

Regards
Felix

[1] http://felix.apache.org/site/release-management-nexus.html

Re: Release Announcements

Posted by Marcel Offermans <ma...@luminis.nl>.
On May 15, 2009, at 15:20 , Felix Meschberger wrote:

>> Since
>> we are sending this out for users, it seems like reply-to should be
>> set
>> to users@ since if anyone has issues using it, it should be sent to
>> there. I doubt the replies would be about developing the internals
>> (i.e., dev@ subjects). What do you think?
>
> Good. Im in ;-)

+1

Maybe even add a line or two with a link to a specific page on our
website that explains how to get help.

Greetings, Marcel

Re: Release Announcements

Posted by Felix Meschberger <fm...@gmail.com>.