Posted to users@kafka.apache.org by Anandh Kumar <an...@gmail.com> on 2015/07/10 05:53:46 UTC

How to monitor Kafka offset

Hi

We have any monitor tool which monitor kafka offset?

I need some opensource admin tool for kafka.

Please guide me.

Regards,
-Anandh Kumar

Re: How to monitor Kafka offset

Posted by Adam Dubiel <du...@gmail.com>.
As i mentioned earlier, this feature has not yet been released, but out
pull-request has been approved by Quantifind. Here it is:

https://github.com/quantifind/KafkaOffsetMonitor/pull/58/files

If you would like to use it now, you would have to build Offset Monitor jar
yourself using code from fork. Otherwise you will need to wait for
Quantifind to merge & release new version.

This is repository of Graphite integration plugin:

https://github.com/allegro/kafka-offset-monitor-graphite

We are already using it on production, works great and gives us tons of
data to monitor.

Having data in Graphite, you can use some Graphite monitoring tool like
Cabot (https://github.com/arachnys/cabot), that triggers alerts based on
stuff from Graphite.

Adam

Posted by Anandh Kumar <an...@gmail.com>.