Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by John <Jo...@DMJ-Consultancy.co.uk> on 2006/10/25 20:50:27 UTC

Post-commit hooks - can they tell what's just been committed?

Is it possible to determine which projects have just been committed to
SVN when running a post-commit hook (or any other hook)?

TIA

John

SOLVED (for now) Re: Post-commit hooks - can they tell what's just been committed?

Posted by John <Jo...@DMJ-Consultancy.co.uk>.
Ryan Schmidt wrote:

> On Oct 25, 2006, at 15:50, John wrote:
>
>> Is it possible to determine which projects have just been committed to
>> SVN when running a post-commit hook (or any other hook)?
>
> The post-commit hook is given the file-system path of the repository
> and the revision number that was just committed. You can pass these to
> "svnlook changed" or "svnlook dirs-changed" to determine what was
> changed in this revision.
Thanks! That looks, at first glance, like some fun shell scripting. I'll
have to play.

> As to the other hooks, which ones are you thinking of?
None specifically at the moment but I take your point that they must be
post rather than pre.

Posted by Ryan Schmidt <su...@ryandesign.com>.