Posted to dev@cxf.apache.org by Dan Diephouse <da...@envoisolutions.com> on 2006/10/10 22:28:35 UTC

Areas to get involved...

Was chatting with a few people here at ApacheCon and we came up with the
idea that we should have a page on how to get involved. So, I went ahead
and created one:

http://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/CXF/Getting+Involved

I only have a few ideas on there right now (I'm sure I'll think of more
later too), but hopefully others can contribute some ideas as well!
- Dan

--
Dan Diephouse
(616) 971-2053

Re: Areas to get involved...

Posted by Dan Diephouse <da...@envoisolutions.com>.
Kevin Conner wrote:

> Dan Diephouse wrote:
>
>> Was chatting with a few people here at ApacheCon and we came up with
>> the idea that we should have a page on how to get involved. So, I
>> went ahead and created one:
>>
>> http://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/CXF/Getting+Involved
>>
>> I only have a few ideas on there right now (I'm sure I'll think of
>> more later too), but hopefully others can contribute some ideas as well!
>

> I was just composing an email about doing this :-).

Cool :-)

> I went through the wiki/jira and didn't see much about longer term
> objectives, things are obviously focused on the M1 release.  The wiki
> index page seems to cover a lot of areas and I wondered whether it
> would be a good idea to flesh some of them out.  These could be added
> to the 'ideas' section on the above page.

Yes, I think it would be a good idea to flesh them out. Some of the high
level things I was thinking of M2:

    * JAX-WS TCK and smaller details (we have a lot of JAX-WS done, we
      just need to focus on the details now)
    * JBI integration
    * WS-Security
    * WS-RM
    * Asynchronous HTTP support on client & server
    * Refactor tooling to use service model
    * WSDL 2

> It would also be helpful, to me at least, if there was some notion of
> priority attached to these items.  Do people feel this is warranted?

Yup, good idea.
- Dan

--
Dan Diephouse
(616) 971-2053

Re: Areas to get involved...

Posted by Kevin Conner <Ke...@jboss.com>.
Dan Diephouse wrote:
> Was chatting with a few people here at ApacheCon and we came up with the
> idea that we should have a page on how to get involved. So, I went ahead
> and created one:
>
> http://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/CXF/Getting+Involved
>
> I only have a few ideas on there right now (I'm sure I'll think of more
> later too), but hopefully others can contribute some ideas as well!

I was just composing an email about doing this :-).

I went through the wiki/jira and didn't see much about longer term
objectives, things are obviously focused on the M1 release.  The wiki
index page seems to cover a lot of areas and I wondered whether it would
be a good idea to flesh some of them out.  These could be added to the
'ideas' section on the above page.

It would also be helpful, to me at least, if there was some notion of
priority attached to these items.  Do people feel this is warranted?

Thanks,
	Kev