Posted to fop-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org by "Andreas L. Delmelle" <a_...@pandora.be> on 2005/04/10 14:24:15 UTC

RE: More than one XML-file?

Hi,

> Is there any simple way to use more than one XML-file
> as input to a xsl-fo script or do I have to parse and
> merge the files before I give them to fop?

Depends a bit on the exact situation...

If you have multiple XML source files, and need one merged output document,
I think XSLT's document() function could be of great help. In essence, you
would rewrite your XSL-FO templates to feed one merged FO source stream to
FOP. Your primary XML input would just contain nodes with the locations of
the different XMLs to merge.

If you really need one output doc for each input XML, I'd definitely take a
closer look at FOP's anttask.
http://xml.apache.org/fop/anttask.html

HTH!

Greetz,