Posted to users@wicket.apache.org by dgh1 <da...@osi.com> on 2010/08/10 16:28:50 UTC

jsr 286 inter-portlet communication

I read in the PortletsInAction manning book that  for wicket  that
inter-portlet communications is not in 1.4.x but will be in 1.5.  Can
somebody please verify that the jsr 286 nter-portlet communications will be
in 1.5 and if not when might it be.

Thanks

Re: jsr 286 inter-portlet communication

Posted by Igor Vaynberg <ig...@gmail.com>.
not sure. i dont work with portlets so have no idea.

-igor

SV: jsr 286 inter-portlet communication

Posted by Wilhelmsen Tor Iver <To...@arrive.no>.
> Thanks Igor for your response. I thought I had read that wicket 1.4.x
> was JSR
> 286 complaint but not sure how that is possible since JSR 286 does call
> out
> inter-portlet communications.   Did i  mis-read the documentation.

One of our developers had to subclass WicketPortlet to support events, but I am not sure it consisted of more than annotating a method with @javax.portlet.ProcessEvent(qname="{namespace}eventname"). The container (in our case Liferay 5.2.x) deals with the routing as it were. We switched to using a portlet URL to accomplish what the events did because we had a need to open the portlet even when it was not already added to a page.

- Tor Iver

Re: jsr 286 inter-portlet communication

Posted by Martin Grigorov <mg...@apache.org>.
WicketFilter in 1.5 do not use them currently.
Probably it wont be hard to integrate them back but none of the core
developers use Portlets in their daily job and it will be hard for us to
support and test this part of the framework.
If there are users that want to give us a hand by providing patches and
tests then I'll be happy to support them.

Posted by Wilhelmsen Tor Iver <To...@arrive.no>.

Posted by Igor Vaynberg <ig...@gmail.com>.
currently 1.5 has no support for portlets. and it probably wont until
someone from the core team starts using portlets on the daily basis.

-igor

Posted by Fernando Wermus <fe...@gmail.com>.
I think I read something in brix framework about this. I think is already
offered.

On Tue, Aug 10, 2010 at 11:28 AM, dgh1 <da...@osi.com> wrote:

> I read in the PortletsInAction manning book that  for wicket  that
> inter-portlet communications is not in 1.4.x but will be in 1.5.  Can
> somebody please verify that the jsr 286 nter-portlet communications will be
> in 1.5 and if not when might it be.
>
> Thanks

Fernando Wermus.

www.linkedin.com/in/fernandowermus