Posted to xindice-users@xml.apache.org by Georg Sauer-Limbach <gs...@gslweb.de> on 2006/04/27 10:09:00 UTC

Xindice with XML-RPC? Docs wanted.

Hi,

I want to access Xindice using XML-RPC over http.

I looked around the Xindice site and elsewhere and did
not manage to find documentation on the XML-RPC
interface of Xindice.

I see there is this implementation at xindice-xmlrpc.sourceforge.net/
but this seems to be an add-on, changing any internal components
of Xindice. However, I was able to access my original 1.1b4
installation with an XML-RPC even without this. See the successful
query RPC shown below, running without that sourceforge library.
So this seems to be merely an add-on.

Are there any other RPCs defined in core Xindice? For example, to
list collections or adding documents. I would also need this to
access Xindice from Perl.

Thanks for any pointers or information about built-in XML-RPC
in Xindice.

Thanks + Regards

Georg

<methodCall>
	<methodName>run</methodName>
	<params>
		<param>
			<value>
				<struct>
					<member>
						<name>type</name>
						<value>XPath</value>
					</member>
					<member>
						<name>message</name>
						<value>Query</value>
					</member>
					<member>
						<name>query</name>
						<value>CodeTable</value>
					</member>
					<member>
						<name>namespaces</name>
						<value>
							<struct></struct>
						</value>
					</member>
					<member>
						<name>collection</name>
						<value>/db/samples</value>
					</member>
				</struct>
			</value>
		</param>
	</params>
</methodCall>

Re: Xindice with XML-RPC? Docs wanted.

Posted by Mark Szpakowski <ms...@gmail.com>.
I wrote up some notes on this a while back and posted them to:
http://www.coachingplatform.com/dev/xindiceRPC1.1cmds.html

Cheers,
Mark