Posted to soap-dev@xml.apache.org by Phiem Huynh <ph...@onebox.com> on 2001/03/28 16:30:35 UTC

SOAP Server without HTTP

Has anyone written a simple soap server that isn't riding on an HTTP
server and RPCrouter using Apache SOAP? Basically a soap server that
provides RPC calls to client through simple socket.

Thanks.
--
Phiem Huynh

Sign Up Now! http://www.onebox.com

RE: SOAP Server without HTTP

Posted by graham glass <gr...@mindspring.com>.
or try GLUE, a free download from http://www.themindelectric.com.
it also has a built-in HTTP server and servlet engine.

cheers,
graham

> Has anyone written a simple soap server that isn't riding on an HTTP
> server and RPCrouter using Apache SOAP? Basically a soap server that
> provides RPC calls to client through simple socket.

check SoapRMI - it has embedded simple HTTP server (really really simple -
server is just two files ...) see:
http://www.extreme.indiana.edu/soap/download/
http://www.extreme.indiana.edu/soap/

thanks,

alek
--
Aleksander Slominski, LH 316, IU, http://www.extreme.indiana.edu/~aslom
As I look afar I see neither cherry Nor tinted leaves Just a modest hut

Re: SOAP Server without HTTP

Posted by Aleksander Slominski <as...@cs.indiana.edu>.