Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Paul Benedict <pa...@yahoo.com> on 2006/08/20 05:48:45 UTC

Struts URL Pattern

Does anyone know how to get the Struts servlet pattern at runtime? I want to get what the servlet is mapped for, like *.do or /do/, etc.

Paul

RE: Struts URL Pattern

Posted by David Friedman <hu...@ix.netcom.com>.
If you are in a time crunch for an answer, you could always load the
resourceAsStream "/WEB-INF/web.xml" with a SAX parser, first findi your
servlet name, and then iterate through the mappings to match the servlet
name so you can obtain the mapping.   Personally, I tried to discover the
same thing with Struts about two years ago but never found a way other than
the above method.

Regards,
David

RE: Struts URL Pattern

Posted by Paul Benedict <pa...@yahoo.com>.
Awesome find. Thanks David!

David Friedman <hu...@ix.netcom.com> wrote: My bad, what was I thinking? LOL.  Try this:

servlet.getServletConfig().getServletContext().getAttribute(Globals.SERVLET_
KEY));

As in this example where I print out an error message:
public class DavidAction extends Action {
 @Override
 public ActionForward execute(ActionMapping mapping, ActionForm form,
   HttpServletRequest request, HttpServletResponse response) throws
Exception {

  System.out.println("Hello Paul, the Struts prefix or suffix mapping is: "
    + servlet.getServletConfig().getServletContext().getAttribute(
      Globals.SERVLET_KEY));
  return (mapping.findFoward("success"));
 }

And my logged response was:

> Hello Paul, the Struts prefix or suffix mapping is: *.do

Regards,
David

RE: Struts URL Pattern

Posted by David Friedman <hu...@ix.netcom.com>.