Posted to users@wicket.apache.org by lucast <lu...@hotmail.com> on 2011/03/11 12:57:43 UTC

Wicket-dnd, unable to use with RepeatingViews

Hi Everyone,
I am having behaviour problems when I add wicket-dnd DragSource and
DropTarget to a WebMarkupContainer that is created inside a loop and it is
added to a RepeatingView.

The problem is that when I drag  and drop a list item from one container to
the other, sometimes it drops it on the intended container but most of the
time it drops it on the container I initially dragged it from. I need to
drag and drop several times before I get the expected result.

In implementing this, I added three WebMarkupContainers to a RepeatingView.
The WebMarkupContainer is simple. It has a ListView, DragSource and
DropTarget much the same way as on the wicket-dnd list example page. The
only difference is that I have multiple of these, created inside a loop, and
I am adding them to the RepeatingView.

How can I have multiple WebMarkupContainers with wicket-dnd draggable and
droppable behaviours added to it and having the WebMarkupContainers added to
the RepeatingView? Is there a better way to implement this?

I know it might have to do with using the same div and class in the html
("div.guestDragDropListView") for each WebMarkupContainer but I'm creating
them inside a loop so having unique div and class for each
WebMarkupContainer is not a possibility, really.

Has anyone encountered a similar problem like this? This is a show stopper
for me so I would really, really appreciate any help, no matter how small.

I'm attaching a simple example to demonstrate my predicament.
http://apache-wicket.1842946.n4.nabble.com/file/n3347961/HomePage.java
HomePage.java
http://apache-wicket.1842946.n4.nabble.com/file/n3347961/HomePage.html
HomePage.html
http://apache-wicket.1842946.n4.nabble.com/file/n3347961/style.css style.css
Thank you in advance,
Lucas

Re: Wicket-dnd, unable to use with RepeatingViews

Posted by lucast <lu...@hotmail.com>.
Thank you so much, Sven. I'll try it straight away.
Regards,

Posted by Sven Meier <sv...@meiers.net>.
Hi Lucas,

I fixed a JavaScript bug in wicket-dnd: