Posted to user@ofbiz.apache.org by Ritesh Trivedi <ri...@gmail.com> on 2008/08/28 01:17:46 UTC

Free Shipping?

Hi,

I know this question has been asked several times before, but I dont see any
particular (satisfactory) answer.

Has anyone implemented free shipping (either product id based or category
based) in Ofbiz. Even if not, any ideas on how to implement this?

THanks

Re: Free Shipping?

Posted by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com>.
At the UI level OOTB it's not handled by a setting. You have to put some custom code to do it. At least bypass this page, maybe
more...

Jacques

From: "varun bhansaly" <vb...@gmail.com>
> Hi,
> I have set ProductStore/Inventory/Is Immediately Fulfilled field to Y, even
> after this setting, while processing sales orders from ordermgr app I am
> getting this screen - "Sales Order : Order Entry Ship-To Settings".
>
> Is there any other configuration that needs to be made ?
>
> Thanks,
> Varun
>

> On Sun, Oct 24, 2010 at 3:16 PM, Jacques Le Roux <
> jacques.le.roux@les7arts.com> wrote:
>
>> I think you are looking for the face to face feature in OFBiz.
>>
>> Set the ProductStore/Inventory/Is Immediately Fulfilled field to Y
>>
>> Your store will then behave like a POS.
>>
>> Jacques
>>
>> From: "Shereen" <sh...@hotmail.com>
>>
>>  Thanks Freeman I got your point but still the Ofbiz needs a valid shipping
>>> address even if no shipping is required right?
>>> I think disabling that will require some coding or it's not possible ?
>>> will
>>> cause other problems?
>>> you know it's as  if you choose from certain store or catalog then there
>>> will be no shipping at all no need to enter shipping address or so I'll do
>>> some studies and search and if you have further recommendations please
>>> tell
>>> me

Re: Free Shipping?

Posted by varun bhansaly <vb...@gmail.com>.
Hi,
I have set ProductStore/Inventory/Is Immediately Fulfilled field to Y, even
after this setting, while processing sales orders from ordermgr app I am
getting this screen - "Sales Order : Order Entry Ship-To Settings".

Is there any other configuration that needs to be made ?

Thanks,
Varun

On Sun, Oct 24, 2010 at 3:16 PM, Jacques Le Roux <
jacques.le.roux@les7arts.com> wrote:

> I think you are looking for the face to face feature in OFBiz.
>
> Set the ProductStore/Inventory/Is Immediately Fulfilled field to Y
>
> Your store will then behave like a POS.
>
> Jacques
>
> From: "Shereen" <sh...@hotmail.com>
>
>  Thanks Freeman I got your point but still the Ofbiz needs a valid shipping
>> address even if no shipping is required right?
>> I think disabling that will require some coding or it's not possible ?
>> will
>> cause other problems?
>> you know it's as  if you choose from certain store or catalog then there
>> will be no shipping at all no need to enter shipping address or so I'll do
>> some studies and search and if you have further recommendations please
>> tell
>> me
>> Regards
>> --

Varun Bhansaly

Re: Free Shipping?

From: "Shereen" <sh...@hotmail.com>

Re: Free Shipping?

Re: Free Shipping?

Posted by BJ Freeman <bj...@free-man.net>.
look at the free shiping
https://demo-trunk.ofbiz.apache.org/catalog/control/EditProductStoreShipSetup?productStoreId=9000
if you want it selective then you can make a promo for it

=========================
BJ Freeman
Systems Integrator-- Glad to Assist

Chat  Y! messenger: bjfr33man

Shereen sent the following on 10/23/2010 6:43 AM:

Re: Free Shipping?

Posted by Shereen <sh...@hotmail.com>.
Hi Santosh

I'm very grateful for your help and support
You're completely right about the point "how the orders will be delivered?"
Actually I want to do something like a pos without using pos and I have my
reasons not to use one.

Just imagine this order will be entered in the system as if I'm selling in a
real store and the customer is right here
so no need for me to go check the shipping address and use shipping method
and such things
there will be other problem too of the obligation of using a currently
entered customer from the system but
I think this will not be a big problem for now

I'll be grateful and thankful to know your suggestions and recommendations

Best Regards

Re: Free Shipping?

Posted by Santosh Singh <sa...@gmail.com>.
hi Shereen,

pls go through the following link

https://localhost:8447/catalog/control/EditProductStore?productStoreId=90100

It means Go in side CATALOG >> CATALOG MANGER >> STORES >> Choose Store and
Via EDIT tab,  go to  tab (+)Shipping
and edit the given options to [ N, Y, N, N, N].

It will not show the shipping options on the cart but you need to do changes
for making it
in side coding about Shipping Charges to  $ 0.00.

Now the point is that how the goods will be delivered, so it needs the
shipping address.
When we submit the needy information in the checkout process form (with
proper login),
it is now ready to move to the next step.

Hope that it will help you, for any kind of clarification,  you are always
welcome.

*
Thanks & Regards

Santosh Singh.*

*+91 98267 62844/ santoshs.indore@gmail.com*

Re: Free Shipping?

Re: Free Shipping?

Posted by BJ Freeman <bj...@free-man.net>.
https://demo.hotwaxmedia.com/catalog/control/EditProductStoreShipmentCostEstimates?productStoreId=9000&shipmentCostEstimateId=9206
takes care of orders.

https://demo.hotwaxmedia.com/catalog/control/EditProductStoreShipSetup?productStoreId=9000&productStoreShipMethId=9000
for an example
gives you the ability to write a service for that type of shipping
[Serv. Name]
and also provide a config file, [Conf. Props].

The another suggestion is to use SECA's  for calculation of the shipping
per product. using the charge shipping flag
https://demo.hotwaxmedia.com/catalog/control/EditProduct?productId=GZ-7000

Maybe add a way to linking shipping estimates to products as well.

Ritesh Trivedi sent the following on 8/28/2008 9:56 AM:

Re: Free Shipping?

Posted by Ritesh Trivedi <ri...@gmail.com>.
Hi Ajay,

Re: Free Shipping?

Posted by "Ajay @ Pal InfoCom" <aj...@palinfocom.net>.
Hello Ritesh..

Re: Free Shipping?

Posted by BJ Freeman <bj...@free-man.net>.
may have wrapped in your email client
using FF2 work perfect

Ritesh Trivedi sent the following on 8/27/2008 4:55 PM:

Re: Free Shipping?

Posted by BJ Freeman <bj...@free-man.net>.
you can also see
https://demo.hotwaxmedia.com/catalog/control/EditProductStoreShipSetup?productStoreId=9000