Posted to announce@maven.apache.org by Michael Osipov <mi...@apache.org> on 2021/06/17 18:38:26 UTC

[ANN] Maven Resolver 1.7.1 released

The Apache Maven team is pleased to announce the release of the Maven
Resolver version 1.7.1.

https://maven.apache.org/resolver/

Release Notes - Maven Resolver - Version 1.7.1

** Bug
     * [MRESOLVER-96] - Dependency Injection fails after upgrading to
Maven 3.6.2

** Improvement
     * [MRESOLVER-103] - Replace deprecated HttpClient classes

** Task
     * [MRESOLVER-183] - Don't require optional dependencies for Redisson
     * [MRESOLVER-184] - Destroy Redisson semaphores if not used anymore
     * [MRESOLVER-186] - Update Maven version in Resolver Demo Snippets

** Dependency upgrade
     * [MRESOLVER-185] - Upgrade Redisson to 3.15.6

Enjoy,

-The Apache Maven team

Re: [ANN] Maven Resolver 1.7.1 released

Posted by Michael Osipov <mi...@apache.org>.
Am 2021-06-27 um 09:16 schrieb Mark Derricutt:
> Interesting - updating to this version from 1.7.0 in my own plugin now
> yields an NPE when creating a RepositorySystem - guess I know one thing I’m
> working on this week :)

If you think this is a bug and you have a reproducer, please report it!

Thanks

Re: [ANN] Maven Resolver 1.7.1 released

Posted by Mark Derricutt <ma...@talios.com>.

--
"Great artists are extremely selfish and arrogant things" — Steven Wilson,
Porcupine Tree

Posted by Michael Osipov <mi...@apache.org>.
Am 2021-06-25 um 10:34 schrieb Delany:
> Im just a user - I don't build maven or any plugins/extensions. How can I
> mandate the use of this dependency?

The most reliable way is to clone a Maven tag, change the resolver
version in the parent POM and rebuild Maven.  Manual replacement of JARs
is errorprone and I don't recommend doing that.

Re: [ANN] Maven Resolver 1.7.1 released

Posted by Delany <de...@gmail.com>.
Im just a user - I don't build maven or any plugins/extensions. How can I
mandate the use of this dependency?
Thanks,
Delany