Posted to user@struts.apache.org by th...@webmd.net on 2002/02/11 19:14:26 UTC

For Steve Wilkinson, Re: Best way to go about learning Views with Struts?

Hi Steve:

> I also have a sample application that does some interesting things on the
> view side.  Download it at http://www.newparticles.com/struts

Pardon my ignorance.   I downloaded the latest example .zip file from your
site.
I was unable to get it to work.
I have tomcat 4.0 for Windows NT installed on my PC.

I apologize but I am not versed in building tools such as ant and the like.
I am getting all kinds of path errors and not-found
errors when I tried to run index.jsp.   I know this is wrong but I used
winzip to extract everything under the webapps root / example directory.

I was wondering if you have a .war that will auto-deploy the examples of
your cd application?

thanks,
Theron Kousek

                    STEVE
                    WILKINSON            To:     struts-user@jakarta.apache.org
                    <wsd2@msn.com        cc:
                    >                    Subject:     Re: Best way to go about learning Views with Struts?

                    02/11/02
                    08:02 AM
                    Please
                    respond to
                    Struts Users
                    Mailing List

look at the sample application provied in the struts-example.war file that
is included with the binary release.

I also have a sample application that does some interesting things on the
view side.  Download it at http://www.newparticles.com/struts

The best and newest approach is to use Tiles.  Pointers to this are
http://www.lifl.fr/~dumoulin/tiles/

Enjoy.
Steve