Posted to dev@tomcat.apache.org by jean-frederic clere <jf...@fujitsu-siemens.com> on 2002/10/01 10:08:07 UTC

Re: [VOTE] JK2 2.1

General:
[+0] Drop HAS_APR flags and dissalow building of JK2 without APR
[  ] Keep everything like it is (the rest doesn't interests me)

Regular expressions:
[ ] Add pcre from httpd-2.0 to the common/pcre
[ ] Add pcre from httpd-2.0 to the srclib/pcre
[+1] Wait if pcre ever comes to the apr-util

Noone looks against it in apr-util. I have to find time to do it.

Pools:
[+0] Use the real apr_pool_t.
[] Keep the jk_pool_apr wrapper renaming it to the jk_pool

Sockets:
[+0] Use only apr_socket and drop the socket, renaming apr to socket.
[ ] Keep supporting socket.

File I/O:
[+1] Use the APR for file i/o replacing stdio/stdlib calls
[ ] Keep the old fopen/fwrite/etc... code

Static buildings:
[+1] Enable Static/Dynamic APR builds of JK2 for non-Apache2 connectors
[-1] Enable only dynamic builds
I am not sure that all the platforms I have could run with a dynamic linked APR

Cheers

Jean-frederic