Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Alexander Sack <pi...@gmail.com> on 2007/08/26 02:14:39 UTC

Cargo issues

Does anyone have Cargo working?  If so, could you post a sample POM?  I
would really appreciate it.

-aps

--
"What lies behind us and what lies in front of us is of little concern to
what lies within us." -Ralph Waldo Emerson

Re: Cargo issues

Posted by Alexander Sack <pi...@gmail.com>.
Thanks Wendy.  TO DO ANYTHING.  I can't seem to get the default jetty
container to work let alone Maven 2 to automatically download it.  By just
specifying the plugin you should get a default settings.

Your right this is more plugin specific...I like this list though!! :D!

-aps

Re: Cargo issues

Posted by Wendy Smoak <ws...@gmail.com>.

Re: Cargo issues

Posted by Wayne Fay <wa...@gmail.com>.
I don't really use Cargo so I guess I'm not following what you're
talking about entirely... I just saw o.a.m.p when I know o.c.c is
correct for the groupId.

What exactly are you experiencing -- what is "this issue"? And why is
this conversation occuring on the Maven list rather than the Cargo
list?

I feel like I've come into this conversation in the middle or
something... I don't really have any idea what your problem is and
what triggers it. When are you getting the "plugin does not exist"
error message -- when you are trying to run "mvn cargo:xyz"?

But realistically, this thread should be moved to the Cargo User list, right?

Wayne

Re: Cargo issues

Posted by Robert Morse <rm...@mdesignz.com>.

Re: Cargo issues

Posted by Wayne Fay <wa...@gmail.com>.

Re: Cargo issues

Posted by Robert Morse <rm...@mdesignz.com>.

Re: Cargo issues

Posted by emerson cargnin <ec...@gmail.com>.
Hi guys

I created a maven2 archetype with cargo using the command:

mvn archetype:create -DarchetypeGroupId=org.codehaus.cargo
-DarchetypeArtifactId=cargo-archetype-webapp-functional-tests-module
-DarchetypeVersion=<version> -DgroupId=<application groupId>
-DartifactId=<application artifactId>

as showed in the instructions in the cargo webpage.
problems:

1- the package it uses is different form the package refered by the
group-id and the one used for the classes, but the package declaration
uses another one (that i can't remember as I changed already)
2- After correcting the above it runs ok but I get a :

 T E S T S
Running com.yelltest.it.WebappTest
Tests run: 1, Failures: 0, Errors: 0, Skipped: 0, Time elapsed: 1.546 sec

Results :

[INFO] [cargo:stop {execution: stop}]
[INFO] [beddedLocalContainer] Jetty 6.x Embedded is stopping...
[INFO] [.JettyExecutorThread] Ignoring unimplemented method server.destroy()
[ERROR] FATAL ERROR
[INFO] Failed to stop the Jetty 6.x Embedded container.
Deployable failed to finish deploying within the timeout period
[120000]. The Deployable state is thus unknown.
[INFO] Trace
org.codehaus.cargo.container.ContainerException: Failed to stop the
Jetty 6.x Embedded container.
        at org.codehaus.cargo.container.spi.AbstractLocalContainer.stop(AbstractLocalContainer.java:185)
        at org.codehaus.cargo.maven2.ContainerStopMojo.execute(ContainerStopMojo.java:48)
        at org.apache.maven.plugin.DefaultPluginManager.executeMojo(DefaultPluginManager.java:443)
        at org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeGoals(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:539)
        at org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeGoalWithLifecycle(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:480)
        at org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeGoal(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:459)
        at org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeGoalAndHandleFailures(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:311)
        at org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeTaskSegments(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:278)
        at org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.execute(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:143)
        at org.apache.maven.DefaultMaven.doExecute(DefaultMaven.java:334)
        at org.apache.maven.DefaultMaven.execute(DefaultMaven.java:125)
Caused by: org.codehaus.cargo.container.ContainerException: Deployable
failed to finish deploying within the timeout period [120000]. The De
ployable state is thus unknown.
        at org.codehaus.cargo.container.spi.deployer.DeployerWatchdog.watch(DeployerWatchdog.java:109)
        at org.codehaus.cargo.container.spi.AbstractLocalContainer.waitForCompletion(AbstractLocalContainer.java:205)
        at org.codehaus.cargo.container.spi.AbstractLocalContainer.stop(AbstractLocalContainer.java:180)
        ... 19 more

Re: Cargo issues

Posted by "Manuel J. Recena Soto" <re...@eii.us.es>.
Hi Alexander: