Posted to dev@nuttx.apache.org by Brennan Ashton <ba...@brennanashton.com> on 2021/04/23 03:25:55 UTC

First time contributor PRs will need approval to run CI

Just as a heads up Github has implemented a change to help combat spam
accounts using our CI resources for crypto mining and the like.  I
don't know of any cases of this happening to this project, but many
other projects have been hit with this.

Going forward the first time someone submits a PR a commiter will have
to manually approve the CI run.  Once they have a PR merged this
action will not be required again.

You can read more about this here:
https://docs.github.com/en/actions/managing-workflow-runs/approving-workflow-runs-from-public-forks

--Brennan

Re: First time contributor PRs will need approval to run CI

Posted by Alin Jerpelea <je...@gmail.com>.
Thanks for sharing

Regards
Alin

Posted by Nathan Hartman <ha...@gmail.com>.
On Thu, Apr 22, 2021 at 11:26 PM Brennan Ashton <ba...@brennanashton.com>
wrote:

> Just as a heads up Github has implemented a change to help combat spam
> accounts using our CI resources for crypto mining and the like.  I
> don't know of any cases of this happening to this project, but many
> other projects have been hit with this.
>
> Going forward the first time someone submits a PR a commiter will have
> to manually approve the CI run.  Once they have a PR merged this
> action will not be required again.
>
> You can read more about this here:
>
> https://docs.github.com/en/actions/managing-workflow-runs/approving-workflow-runs-from-public-forks
>
> --Brennan