Posted to user@hadoop.apache.org by Munnavar Shaik <mu...@gmail.com> on 2012/09/13 19:37:52 UTC

Suggestions required for learning Hadoop

Dear Team Members,

I am working as a Linux Administrator, I am interested to work on Hadoop.
Please let me know from where and how I can start to learning.

It is very great full to help for learning Hadoop and its related project.

Thank you Team,

Munnavar

Re: Suggestions required for learning Hadoop

Posted by Jay Vyas <ja...@gmail.com>.
I think the best place to start, as an admin, would be to look at what you
currently do : What tasks, if any, you've had to monitor, which are I/O
intensive... Are any of these amenable to distrbuted computing?  How do you
back up large data sets?  How do you process large data sets?  The
distributed computing problems that hadoop solves are evident in a lot of
non hadoop systems.  Also, understanding the basics of row level locking
and why it slows down relational database I/O would really help in terms of
getting a feel for the way hadoop really benefits.

--
Jay Vyas
MMSB/UCHC

Re: Suggestions required for learning Hadoop

Posted by Jay Vyas <ja...@gmail.com>.

--
Jay Vyas
MMSB/UCHC

Re: Suggestions required for learning Hadoop

Posted by Jay Vyas <ja...@gmail.com>.

--
Jay Vyas
MMSB/UCHC

Re: Suggestions required for learning Hadoop

Posted by Jay Vyas <ja...@gmail.com>.

--
Jay Vyas
MMSB/UCHC

Re: Suggestions required for learning Hadoop

Posted by Marcos Ortiz <ml...@uci.cu>.
Regards, Munnavar.

--

http://www.uci.cu
http://www.facebook.com/universidad.uci

Re: Suggestions required for learning Hadoop

Posted by Marcos Ortiz <ml...@uci.cu>.
Regards, Munnavar.

Posted by Marcos Ortiz <ml...@uci.cu>.
Regards, Munnavar.