Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Steve Foutty <fo...@hawaii.rr.com> on 2004/01/12 01:33:53 UTC

[users@httpd] Virtual hosting

I'm taking over an operational server and I have been asked to configure the
server so the one virtual host listens on 443 while the rest listen on 80.
This can't be that difficult right? Do I need to comment out all listen
statements in the httpd.conf and add them to ssl.conf?

Thanks,
   Steve

Re: [users@httpd] Virtual hosting

Posted by "J.Greenlees" <ja...@x-mail.net>.
Quoting Steve Foutty <fo...@hawaii.rr.com>:

> I'm taking over an operational server and I have been asked to configure
> the
> server so the one virtual host listens on 443 while the rest listen on 80.
> This can't be that difficult right? Do I need to comment out all listen
> statements in the httpd.conf and add them to ssl.conf?
>
> Thanks,
>    Steve

so one server has an ssl connection only while the rest are not allowed ssl?

just alter the one server's listen to use your.ip.num.ber:443 as the default ip.
or conversely, have the site itself use https instead of http, that would send all to
port 443 by default.

***Protect your PC from local E-Mail Application security holes***
***Maintain your Privacy - MS Passport Free***
***Anti SPAM "Whitelist" feature***

http://www.x-mail.net Web E-Mail, accessible anywhere, 128 bit SSL Secure

Voice Messages, Voice Calls (VoIP), Video Conferencing, Live Chat,
X-Mail Messenger, Personal Web Hosting, Private Disk Storage,
Calendar, Bookmarks, Forwarding, Virtual Mail Map Aliasing

X-Mail Premium: 20 - 250MB Storage, 20MB Messages, SMTP, POP3, Ad Free
Starting at $9.95 per year
Anonymous Web Surfing http://www.snoopblocker.com
Search http://www.teradex.com