Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by David Velásquez <da...@conexcol.com> on 2005/02/28 21:32:42 UTC

Pyzor Error

Hi,

I´m SpamAssassin user logn time ago but new in this list.

This is the problem:

I've just installed Pyzor (by the way in RH7.3 you need to install in a
diferent way the instalation notes says).

I was using SpamAssassin inside a perl script (with mod_perl) to check for
spam the outgoing mails form our free webmail systema before sendit out. I
just realize a bizarre problem with pyzor causing 2 different process in
apache execute the same code twice in a single http request (I know.. sound
bizarre). This is the error message SpamAssassing sends:

    Pyzor -> check failed: setuid: oops: fileno(STDIN) [1] != 0 at
/usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.6.1/Mail/SpamAssassin/Util.pm line 1055.

This ocurrs usig the next code:
                do {
                         eval {
                                my $status =
$spamtest->check_message_text($entity->as_string);    // entity is a
MIME::Entity object. The error ocurrs here.
                                $spam_level = $status->get_hits;
                                $spam_report = $status->get_report;
                                # clean up.
                                $status->finish();
                                undef ($status);
                        };
                        if ($@){
                                $spam_report = undef;
                                warn $$ . "ERROR Chequeando SPAM --> Intento
$spam_check_try" if ($DEBUG);
                        }
                        $spam_check_try++;

                } while (!$spam_report && $spam_check_try <= $MAX_TRY_SPAM);

Looks like Pyzor makes mod_perl becomes crazy and without catch the error,
from this point a new process is born making the script run twice and loose
the conection with apache. I think may be a problem with stderr at
SpamAssassin trying Pyzor test with string messages.

Someone else having this problem? Google shows only 2 more users having this
problem.... Of course without answers.

Thanks,

David A. Velásquez R.
Gerente Fundador