Posted to dev@santuario.apache.org by Henri Muurimaa <he...@itmill.com> on 2003/06/12 19:45:44 UTC

Canonicalization and tomcat

Hello,

I'm getting a NPE in NonNSAttrCompare.compare() when trying to
instantiate an XMLSignature from a signature element constructed from a
serialized XML document. From the archives I found that this has to do
with different DOM levels.

The problem arises only when I try to verify a signed document from a
servlet running in Tomcat. If I run the identical code in a regular java
app(ie. outside Tomcat) it runs with no problems.

So, the problem seems to be that the DOM implementation used by Tomcat
uses DOM level 1 while parsing the document, thus producing a Document
instance that's iedible for the canonicalization process.

Anyone know how to fix/circumvent this? Advice on how to configure
Tomcat also welcomed :)

--
Henri Muurimaa

RE: Canonicalization and tomcat

Posted by Scott Cantor <ca...@osu.edu>.
> So, the problem seems to be that the DOM implementation used
> by Tomcat uses DOM level 1 while parsing the document, thus producing a
> Document instance that's iedible for the canonicalization process.
>
> Anyone know how to fix/circumvent this? Advice on how to configure
> Tomcat also welcomed :)

You'll need to primarily make sure that your version of Xerces is available to the webapp or in the global class loader, but you may
also need to endorse the DOM and implementation jars by copying them to tomcat/common/endorsed (assuming this is Tomcat 4).

-- Scott