Posted to dev@directory.apache.org by Emmanuel Lecharny <el...@apache.org> on 2009/08/28 09:24:02 UTC

[Schema Refactoring] Progress...

Hi guys,

the first part is now done : all the SchemaObjects have been refactored.
The Registries have been moved to shared, too.

The next part has started : Alex is replacing the JDBM based schema by a
LDIF based schema. Two new subprojects have been created for this purpose :
- apacheds-schema-data
- apacheds-schema-loader

This is just a small step in the right direction. The next big
modification will be to load the registries with the schema we have on
disk. That means using the LDIF partition which has been a
work-in-progress since march, then removing the schema bootstrap
classes, and make the server happy.

Last, not least, a lot of work will be needed to correctly handle the
schema modifciations through the LDAP protocol.

Hopefully, all that can be completed in the next few days. This will be
a new server :)

I would suggest that no commit is done in trunk atm, as the branch will
really be  different from trunk. In fact, it's a bigbang 2.0 ;)

The big advantage we will gain from such a move is that we will have a
text based schema backend, we will be able to use the LDIFPartition for
the configuration in DIT, and many bugs related to schema will be fixed
at the same time. And no more DBFILES !

Keep tuned !

--
cordialement, regards,
Emmanuel Lécharny

Re: [Schema Refactoring] Progress...

Posted by ayyagarikiran <ay...@gmail.com>.
Alex Karasulu wrote:
> I will do it w Ayyagari if he is available.

oh ya, am on it and will talk to you tonight

Kiran Ayyagari