Posted to dev@openmeetings.apache.org by Sonia SWEngineer <sw...@gmail.com> on 2018/08/27 18:44:47 UTC

High Traffic from client to Red5 server for screen recording

Hello All,
Have a question regarding the bandwidth used by a customized Openmeeting -
screen recording application.

The application being used is based on the screen recording client and
server code from Openmeetings. The application code in the client transmits
the client screen (PC) and the application code in the server receives the
info and records the screen. When the transmission stops the server creates
an flv file.
To test the application a movie was viewed in the client and the bandwidth
going to the Red5 server reached 50 Megabits.
When the user only works on websites the bandwidth can be 11 Megabits
(average is like 1.2 Megabits).

What could be the cause that the transmission of a movie using the screen
recording code takes up to 50 Megabits during transmission?
The expectation for the streaming of the movie was 5 Megabits.

I will appreciate any information or advice you can provide to assist me
with finding a solution.

Thanks in advance,
Sonia

Re: High Traffic from client to Red5 server for screen recording

Posted by Sonia SWEngineer <sw...@gmail.com>.
Thanks Maxim. I will continue the conversation in the user list.

Posted by Maxim Solodovnik <so...@gmail.com>.
Hello Sonia,

--
WBR
Maxim aka solomax

Re: High Traffic from client to Red5 server for screen recording

Posted by Sonia SWEngineer <sw...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Maxim Solodovnik <so...@gmail.com>.

--
WBR