Posted to dev@sentry.apache.org by John Lilley <jo...@redpoint.net> on 2015/07/31 20:58:27 UTC

Newbie questions about Sentry

Greetings,

We are an ISV that supplies Hadoop-enabled data integration and data-quality software.  We are starting to get some queries about Sentry integration, especially regarding Hive and HBase.  Unfortunately the Sentry doc on the apache site is sparse.  Can someone help get me started with the basics?  Like:

*         Do we need to do anything special when accessing Hive or HBase to integrate with Sentry, assuming our customers have already configured Hive/HBase with Sentry?

*         What versions of Hive/HiveServer support Sentry?

*         What versions of HBase support Sentry?

*         We currently access Kerberized clusters by doing the API equivalent of kinit, and deal with issues like getting delegation tokens for HDFS, Hive, and HBase for our YARN AM.  Are there other concerns when accessing Sentry from YARN applications?

Thanks,
John Lilley
Chief Architect, RedPoint Global Inc.
1515 Walnut Street | Suite 300 | Boulder, CO 80302
T: +1 303 541 1516  | M: +1 720 938 5761 | F: +1 781-705-2077
Skype: jlilley.redpoint | john.lilley@redpoint.net<ma...@redpoint.net> | www.redpoint.net<http://www.redpoint.net/>